Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beach Bliss

I live in Michigan. Just five miles down this sun-dappled road from my house is Lake Michigan and this gorgeous beach.

I'm taking part in the Monster Dash Half Marathon in Chicago on October 29, 2011 with three of my closest friends. I just had a baby in March, so I'm not in the greatest shape right now. I doubt if I could run even one mile in its entirety, much less 13.1 miles. So even though the race is months away, I'm starting my training now.
And there could not be a more beautiful and convenient place for me to train than this beach! Of course, if I'm walking on the beach, I can't help but pick up interesting pebbles. So my plan goes like this: take daily walks on the beach, collect one pebble per walk, and blog about it. I'll post a picture of the daily pebble along with the stats for that day's walk (distance, time, etc.).
See you at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment