Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday, June 3, 2011

Smooth & shiny. Today's pebble is just a plain black one that appealed to me with its simplicity.

My walk today was great, though a little hectic at times because I brought my little dog Gilda. Carrying the baby, holding the dog leash and trying to take photos is a lot to do at once! Gilda is afraid of the water, so she tried to stay as far from the waves as possible. I'm still hoping that she'll eventually come to like swimming.
I saw a deer on the beach today! I didn't get a good picture because I was sitting on a piece of driftwood, nursing little J, when I saw her and, of course, Gilda saw her too and started barking.
The stats are off today. I walked until the pedometer app registered two miles (slightly farther than yesterday's two miles, strangely enough) and then walked back. But the pedometer says:
Distance: 3.69mi
Time: 1hr 26min
Pace: 23:25min/mi
I think some of the discrepancy has to do with how I was holding my iphone. I think Gilda slowed down my pace a little - she had to stop and sniff every once in a while. But the pace doesn't really matter to me that much. It will for the race - in order to finish within 3.5hrs, we'll have to keep a 15min/mi pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment